Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dear Castlerock...

Why do you have to be so far away?  It would be much more convenient if you were not 45 minutes away.  I'm not entirely sure why, but I missed Matt a lot today.  I'm used to only seeing him on weekends, but this week has felt like it has taken forever to pass.  It's most likely because I'm adjusting to a new schedule and everything so I'm hoping that this will not be the case every week.  I think I missed him so much today in particular because I swear it must have been couple's day at the Auraria campus today or something.  I couldn't walk 10 feet without seeing some couple walking together and holding hands or laughing and enjoying each other's company.  On the average day of course I miss my man, but it's never been with as much intensity as it was today.  Thankfully, tomorrow is Friday which means I get to see him for a few days.  Even though we generally spend Friday night through Sunday together, the time span barely even seems like a day.  Is that one of the signs of true love?  I'm not sure.  I've never really been the mushy lovey-dovey type of person, but I certainly know that for the first time in my life I have fallen in love.  So much so that when I imagine the future I could see myself marrying him.  This definitely won't be for a while, of course; I may be in love, but unlike some people that does not mean that I lose a grip on reality and forget common sense.  Regardless, I've never been in that type of relationship.  I've had my fair share of relationships throughout my short life, but I knew none of them would work out.  This wasn't even a subconscious thought; I straight up knew it wouldn't be a long-term deal and ended all but one prior relationship on my own terms.  I'm not sure what it is about this one.  There's just something about Matt that drives me completely crazy (in the good way =]). When I'm around him, I'm more myself than I am with anyone else.  Everything is just so natural with him; there's no awkwardness in any situation I've been in with him.  That's a huge deal for me.  I tend to be a little off-beat sometimes; my odd sense of humor and my thick coating of sarcasm tends to push people away from me.  But you see, that's the great thing about our relationship...We just get each other.  I can't even seem to find a way to put it into words.  So now this is where my corny side comes out (which I get from my mom, without a doubt haha) and I'm going to quote a song that is exactly how I feel when he's around.  The song is called "With You" and it is sung by Jessica Simpson.  Regardless of the fact that I'm not a huge Jessica Simpson fan, it's still the perfect song for the situation.  " With you, I can let my hair down. I can say anything crazy; I know you'll catch me right before I hit the ground. With nothing but a t-shirt on, I've never felt so beautiful baby as I do now. Now that I'm with you."  So cheesy...Gosh haha. It's true, down to the T how I feel when I'm around him though.  I remember our first date; he was sooo late and I was really close to leaving but boy am I glad that I didn't.  I'll admit, the first date was a tad bit awkward, but when isn't a first date?  We went to go so Iron Man.  I vaguely remember the movie, not because we were making out or anything of that nature, but because I was so incredibly nervous because I had no idea what his impression of me was.  As I sat there, I think I looked relatively convincing that I was paying intent attention to the movie, but in reality my mind was racing.  I was hoping the entire time that we would just make some kind of contact.  I wanted to hold his hand so badly, but my nerves made my palms all clammy.  At that point, I knew a little about him but not a whole lot so I was rehearsing what I would do to initiate conversation after the movie over and over in my head.  As the movie was about 3/4 of the way over, he finally grabbed my hand and I to this day remember that jolt that my heart made when he did.  I still get that jolt, followed by crazy butterflies when he kisses me.  I've never had such an instant connection with someone.  For the second date, we literally sat in a parking lot and talked for about 5 hours.  There was no money required and it was very simple, but it was by far the best date of my life.  From there on it all just kinda progressed smoothly.  I'm so unbelievably happy with him that even I have a hard time believing it.

It's funny...I mentioned earlier that I'm really not the mushy lovey-dovey type, yet here I go writing my longest blog thus far entirely about Matt.  What is wrong with me?!  I think that all this love business is detrimental to my health...but I still wouldn't change it for the world.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment