Sunday, August 22, 2010

For a lack of a better title...Intro?

This night has played out the same each and every year; I get ready for bed early to prepare for the day I have to come.  That day is the first day of school.  This early bedtime is to no avail, however.  I always lay down with the my mind racing about what is in the future.  You would think after 15 years of practice it would get a little easier, but it's not.  I am 20 years old and I feel like a child waiting for her very first day of school hoping to God that I'll be able to make friends.  I'm not so worried about the friends part anymore, though.  Instead my constant worry is financial aid, getting my bachelor's degree, and working towards succeeding in...life.  I suppose this is something that goes through my head every day as a college student, but it is even more so tonight.  I'm transferring to a new school this year.  Instead of going to UNC I will be going to UCD. It is an exciting, but nerve-racking change.  We shall see how it goes tomorrow.

So some of you may be wondering what the point of this blog is.  There is none, really.  I doubt I will have anything truly worth saying, especially being that I lead a pretty boring and average life (not that I'm complaining).  I remember when I was younger, blogging was my life.  My fingers would simply glide across the keyboard in senseless rambling while I just spoke (or typed in this case, I suppose) my feelings.  It seemed to help with everything.  Granted, my problems now aren't comparable to the problems I had then, but I'm hoping it will still have the same effect today.  It's been years since I've blogged.  I can tell how rusty I am.  College has spoiled my creativity; I used to be able to write fictional stories and used my creativity on a daily basis, but now I find that my mind works very differently.  I notice even at this very second that as I write my simple, raw thoughts down I am still searching for rhyme or reason.  Where do I cite this?  APA or MLA style?  I feel like college is so over-rated sometimes.  I guess being a nursing major that some education should be required obviously, but in the two years of college that I have experienced I honestly have not learned a single thing I haven't already known.  I'm sure down the road that will change, but as of right now I keep asking myself if there's really a point to all this college rubbish.  Oh yeah...I guess needing a job in the future is a pretty good reason... Anyway, getting back to the point, I'm hoping this blog will bring some of my creativity back.  There are so many things I miss about creativity; you can create worlds that don't really exist.   I crave the feeling that raw creativity once gave me before.  Like I've said, I'm rusty so it will probably just start with me writing my feelings of things that happen in the day and simple events like that.  But it's a start.  Hopefully it's not just a disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment